Monday 25 March 2013

Sketchup Attempt: Artists Work + Using Textures


I started my model again- the feedback I got for my second scheme was it was "more like geometric shapes than an architectural space" so I have gone back to my first scheme of rhythmic/flavour to try and improve. The above ground contains constant cube-like structures to give a repetitive effect- although they are inconsistent in overall and window size, as musical rhythm is not usually static. There are also thin, curved structures interweaving throughout the building, to highlight the sense of fluidity and freedom I believe music evokes. The crescendo-shape inspired stair leads to the ground floor, and is suspended by sets of 5 black strings, which are meant to look like the 5 bar lines of a musical staff (they could also be interpreted as a violin's strings, if we pretend there are just 4). The below ground is pretty rough, but is meant to be "flavour", with its interesting shapes. 



Artists' Work:


Antonio Stradivari's cello



 Jiro Ono's piece of sushi.



Applying Textures:


 
1. elastic
  
2. springy
 
3. dynamic

1. Above - Elastic

2. Ground - Springy

3. Below - Dynamic

No comments:

Post a Comment